utahCourtRecords.us is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

CourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by CourtRecords.us for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. CourtRecords.us cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by CourtRecords.us responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, CourtRecords.us will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Utah Court Records

UtahCourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on UtahCourtRecords.us are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Utah Inmate Records?

Utah inmate records are official reports that contain information about individuals currently held in any of the state’s correctional facilities. In Utah, these reports are kept by the Utah Department of Correction, and they contain the following information:

  • Full name and known aliases
  • Biodata, including date of birth, mugshot, and gender
  • Offender number
  • Legal status, indicating that the offender is either an inmate, on parole, or probation
  • Housing location (the state facility where the inmate is being held)
  • All charges, and sentence length
  • Board hearing date
  • Sentence details, including sentencing court, date, and case number
  • Parole and expiration date (note: Utah’s sentences are indeterminate as time ranges are used, rather than time periods. For example, offenders may receive a sentence of 0 to 5 years for a 3rd-degree felony)

Under title 64, chapter 13 of the Utah Government Codes, inmate records in Utah are public records maintained by law enforcement agencies. Thus, citizens retain the right to request these records from the state agencies. This provision is also reinforced by the Utah Department of Corrections in line with the State Government (GRAMA) Act.

How To Find An Inmate In Utah?

Interested persons may locate an inmate in Utah State prisons by making a request to the Public Information Unit of the Utah Department of Corrections (UDC). The unit provides details of where the inmate is being held in the state. However, the unit does not provide information on individuals who have been discharged.

Alternatively, requestors may use the UDC’s online offender search tool to obtain information about an inmate. To conduct the search, provide the following:

  • The full name of the inmate
  • Gender
  • Date of birth of the inmate

Interested persons may also request information about inmates in county jails or city jails from the Utah Department of Corrections. The UDC keeps a unified database of all incarcerated persons in the state, which allows statewide information searches.

However, most county jail facilities in Utah operate independent online search tools that allow searches for Utah inmate records. The information available on the search tools include details of the detainee’s location, charges, booking information, and bond conditions.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Utah?

Information of inmates incarcerated at a federal facility within Utah is available on the Federal Bureau of Prisons website. Citizens may search for such information using the inmate’s name or inmate’s number. The former requires the inmate’s biodata, including the full name, sex, race, and age of the inmate. Alternatively, search by numbers using any of the following:

  • Federal Bureau of prisons (BOP) registered number
  • Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) number
  • Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
  • District of Columbia Department of Corrections(DCDC) number

The Federal Bureau of Prisons is responsible for information about persons incarcerated in federal facilities from 1982 to the present. However, records of individuals that were released before 1982 are held by the National Archives Records Administration (NARA). It is possible to obtain this record online, by mail, or in person.

Utah does not have any NARA facility. However, interested persons can make in-person requests by visiting any of the nearest NARA Archive Facilities. On arrival, the facility management issues identification research cards. Each visitor must submit a photograph and a valid ID such as a driver’s license, school ID, and employment ID. Visitors must also firm a short form to document the visit.

For online requests, visit the NARA website. Requesters may make requests from any part of the county using any of these phone lines: 1–866–272–6272, 212–401–1620, or 1–866–840–1752.

How Do I Obtain An Inmate Records In Utah?

Inmate records are accessible from the Utah Department of Corrections. Before requesting an inmate record, check with the Public Information Unit (PIU) of the Department of Correction to confirm record availability. The PIU also provides information on inmates that are still serving sentences in any of the state facilities. To request records from the PIU, provide the inmate’s full name, gender, and birth date. The PIU is expected to provide answers to the specific questions asked when these requirements are met.

However, to obtain an actual Utah inmate record, use the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) request form. GRAMA is a law that guides the production and maintenance of records by government agencies in Utah.

Interested persons may request records through GRAMA by completing the Utah State Prison Inmate Grama Records Request Form. The form requires certain details of the inmate, including:

  • Inmate name
  • Housing unit
  • Offender number
  • Case manager number
  • USP number
  • Date of request
  • Name of the correctional facility where the record was created
  • Approximate date of the creation of the records
  • Reason for requesting the record
  • Nature of the information in the record

The request may cost a fee as decided by the PIU. However, there is a waiver for indigent requesters. Such requesters must complete the Affidavit of Indigency attached to the request form and sign it before a Notary Public.

Send the completed GRAMA Records Request Form and Affidavit of Indigency (if applicable) to:

Records Bureau
Utah Department of Corrections
14717 S. Minuteman Dr
Draper, Utah 84020

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple records. To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Send Money To An Inmate In Utah?

In Utah, the Department of Corrections specifies the process for sending money to inmates. Generally, the inmate account deposits are made through facility-approved vendors. Nonetheless, each facility may influence the process based on their schedule. Family and friends may make payments by mail, online, third-party providers (Access connection and Cash Pay Today), or in-person at the kiosks.

The Utah Department of Corrections uses a third-party provider (Access Correction) to handle deposits to inmate’s accounts in the state. Access Connections partners with Cash Pay Today to provide walk-in locations that accept deposits to inmate accounts. The process requires downloading and filling a payment form for deposits made via mail or by calling (866)–345–1884. Transactions done via the phone attracts a service fee of $6.95.

Kiosks are available at the entrance of the visiting areas to also facilitate deposits into inmates’ accounts. Depositors may pay cash or use either a credit or debit card. Cash transactions attract a service fee of $3.50, while transactions on either a credit or debit card cost $3.95.

To make the payment, provide the inmate’s full name, housing location, and the offender number. For inquiries relating to the inmate’s deposits account, call (844) 345–1884. Loved ones may also deposit money into an inmate’s account online using the payment tool to open an account. Internet transactions attract a few of $6.95 per transaction. This payment is monitored by the third-party provider and the Department of Corrections.

Depositors may also send money to an inmate’s account by mail. The process involves downloading and completing a form to be submitted with a money order and check to process payment. Mail deposits may be made through money order, cashier, and personal check.

Note, personal checks usually take up to 10 days before they are completed. Any such payments must be made in U.S funds, and depositors are to provide the sender’s full name and physical address. Failure to do so may lead to delayed or rejected payments and returned money order or check may attract a fee of $25.

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!